How to find and do work you love | Scott Dinsmore | TEDxGoldenGatePark (2D)

Share it with your friends Like

Thanks! Share it with your friends!

Scott Dinsmore’s mission is to change the world by helping people find what excites them and build a career around the work only they are capable of doing. He is a career change strategist whose demoralizing experience at a Fortune 500 job launched his quest to understand why 80% of adults hate the work they do, and more importantly, to identify what the other 20% were doing differently. His research led to experiences with thousands of employees and entrepreneurs from 158 countries. Scott distilled the results down to his Passionate Work Framework – three surprisingly simple practices for finding and doing work you love, that all happen to be completely within our control. He makes his career tools available free to the public through his community at http://LiveYourLegend.net

In the spirit of ideas worth spreading, TEDx is a program of local, self-organized events that bring people together to share a TED-like experience. At a TEDx event, TEDTalks video and live speakers combine to spark deep discussion and connection in a small group. These local, self-organized events are branded TEDx, where x = independently organized TED event. The TED Conference provides general guidance for the TEDx program, but individual TEDx events are self-organized.* (*Subject to certain rules and regulations)

This talk was shot shot and edited in stereoscopic 3D by Golden Gate 3D and Area 5.

To view in 3D, click here: http://youtu.be/5o1nCKGk5Bs

Comments

oranjedan says:

I don't get it….. it didn't help

Micah Beard says:

I wen't to art school and now I can't find a job. Help me.

MEGAS says:

Really do not agree… not applicable to all the artists, innovators or pioneers that got inspired by remote past, history, nature or even or even the bible… Respect but do not agree! Most of my accomplishments prove everyone that surrounded me was wrong and I was just having fun discovering if it was possible or not. Examples: Learning russian and guitar without lessons. Today, you see all the amazing things people accomplish thanks to accessible information, inspiration does not come from examples only! Peace! (need to relearn english now)

xdf cff says:

I thought he say league of legend.

k0bh says:

Just pick something and hope u don't become miserable, done.

Jacob A Tran says:

this fucking guy just use this platform to tell us surround yourself with five people and then promote his godamn business. TF is this Ted talk?

Dragex says:

well he never knew the love of Christ, I wish I could say rip

Sharon Marshall says:

The talk was fairly good. I wish the presenter stopped moving around so much. It was quite a distraction… so much so that I struggled to watch the whole video. That moving around so much depicts nervousness. Toastmasters can help with that.

kmusic says:

everyone chooses what they decide to do for their career. I really wanted to dance (popping) or open a dance studio since high school, but decided to work hard in college and work for a job that pays high six figures. I will grind it out until I can do the things I want in my 40s. that's life. either take the risk or go the safe route and ensure financial freedom later on to enjoy your hobbies later on. crude but true. I can't quit to do the things I want and hope it will all work out. I need to feed my future kids, take care of parents and wife. your advice doesn't swing with me but I admire the ambition and courage to live life fully, but it may cost you big time.

Robert Mitchel says:

after 3 mins in when i heard you say 3 direct quotes from three great minds and not reference them… im done

Comments are disabled for this post.